Hogwarts School of Withcraft and Wizardry
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts School of Withcraft and Wizardry

Welcome Abroad the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.Quills Away and Wands Out!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Live DuelLive Duel  Live DuelLive Duel  Request Forum DuelRequest Forum Duel  

Care for Magical Creatures Lesson 5

Go down 
+3
Josephine Lycos
hermione granger
Professor Rubeus Hagrid
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Professor Rubeus Hagrid
Professors
Professors
Professor Rubeus Hagrid

Ravenclaw
Badges : Care for Magical Creatures Lesson 5 Temp2610
Care for Magical Creatures Lesson 5 Temp4610
Care for Magical Creatures Lesson 5 2ngev12thjpgCare for Magical Creatures Lesson 5 2ii97rmthjpg
Care for Magical Creatures Lesson 5 2vblx61thjpg
Care for Magical Creatures Lesson 5 011
Status Message : Is protecting the Forbidden Forrest!
House Points : 253

Enrolled
Wizarding Power: 0

Care for Magical Creatures Lesson 5 Empty
PostSubject: Care for Magical Creatures Lesson 5   Care for Magical Creatures Lesson 5 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 2:15 am

I stood at the lake side where i was going to meet the students today. After most of them arrived i started with the previous points to be handed out from last class:

Miss Granger 20 points
Professor Snape 20 points
Draco Malfoy 30 points
Travis Dragonthorn 15 points
Remus Lupin 20 points

Now for todays class i would like u to write a paper about how u found something using a niffler. If u have never used one feel free to use your imagination aslong as u stick to the facts about nifflers.
Points will once again be handed out next class.
Back to top Go down
hermione granger
4th Year
4th Year
hermione granger

Gryffindor
Remarks : Class Topper! Registered Animagus : Infierno the Owl
Badges : Care for Magical Creatures Lesson 5 Mot10
Care for Magical Creatures Lesson 5 2ngev12thjpgCare for Magical Creatures Lesson 5 2ii97rmthjpg
Care for Magical Creatures Lesson 5 Red_ci10
Care for Magical Creatures Lesson 5 Crappy
Care for Magical Creatures Lesson 5 212
Status Message : o.o
House Points : 2511

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Care for Magical Creatures Lesson 5   Care for Magical Creatures Lesson 5 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 5:38 am

Hermione walked into the classroom. She had only her wand, parchment, and her acid green quill. "I hope it is ok that i use my special quill. Cause i cant write right now." She sat at a desk and watched her quill write
Back to top Go down
http://hogwartz.5forum.net/
Josephine Lycos
2nd Year
2nd Year
Josephine Lycos

Hufflepuff
Badges : Care for Magical Creatures Lesson 5 Mat_2010
Care for Magical Creatures Lesson 5 Amused
Hogsmeade Items : None
Status Message : It's Stir Fry-day
House Points : 564

Enrolled
Wizarding Power: 5

PostSubject: Re: Care for Magical Creatures Lesson 5   Care for Magical Creatures Lesson 5 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 11:14 am

I had been lounging by the lake until the rest of the class arrived. I stood up as Professor Hagrid started handing out the previous classes' work he talking about today's lesson. I was excited to hear that we were going to be studying Nifflers. They're such adorable creatures!

The Niffler is a small, fluffy black creature that greatly resembles a mole. It burrow through dirt very easily and makes its home up to 20ft underground! Nifflers are usually used by goblins as treasure hunters. They are very attracted to shiny things and it makes them difficult to control.

My brother, Jeno, had a friend who's family bought him a niffler for his birthday. We decided to go out to the beach and see what we could find. We've always heard stories about buried treasure from pirate ships lost at sea so we decided to get some pirate treasure for ourselves. We tied a very long, thin rope around the Niffler's neck so we wouldn't loose it if it decided to suddenly run off or burrow. At first the Niffler found little shiny things like bottle caps and broken glass. We spent a few hours out by the beach but eventually grew tired.

When we started heading back to the house the little Niffler sudden started running as fast as its little legs could carry it. We raced after it until it stopped at a small quarry just beside the house. It sniffed around a few times then dived into the sand. It seemed to be gone for almost an hour when it suddenly surfaced again, dragging with it a small old fashioned looking box. We looked at each other in amazement. Could we have really found some buried treasure?

We took the box back inside to show my brother's friend's father. He looked at the box and small smile crept across his face. "This looks like an old jewelry box my grandmother used to keep her necklace and jewels in. A large storm came through here and nearly destroyed this house. We rebuilt it magically, of course, but my grandmother's jewelry box was no where to be found! I wonder if this could be it." He tapped the lid of the box a few times until it opened slowly. Inside were pearl necklaces, gold chains and a picture of my brother's friend's family waving at us from a picnic on the beach.

So in the end, my brother's friend's new Niffler did find treasure and although it wasn't ours it was still the greatest treasure hunting adventure I've been on!
Back to top Go down
http://albiontales.forummotion.com
hermione granger
4th Year
4th Year
hermione granger

Gryffindor
Remarks : Class Topper! Registered Animagus : Infierno the Owl
Badges : Care for Magical Creatures Lesson 5 Mot10
Care for Magical Creatures Lesson 5 Red_ci10
Care for Magical Creatures Lesson 5 Crappy
Care for Magical Creatures Lesson 5 212
Status Message : o.o
House Points : 2511

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Care for Magical Creatures Lesson 5   Care for Magical Creatures Lesson 5 EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 7:22 pm

I was walking one day through a forest. I had camping gear. Most importantly i had a niffler.I got to a presst good place in the forest and began making camp. I set up a tent, made a fire,unpacked my bag, and watched my niffler walk around his cage. When i was done setting up camp, I let my niffler oout and hed him in front of my eyes. "ok so we are here to camp and get treasure. bring all the treasure you find to your cage." I let him down and watched him search. He found something and started digging. When he came back up he had a galleon, a watch, and some silver earrings. He took them back to his cage then dug some more. When he came back p this time he had 3 sickils, 10 galleons, a diamond ring, and a ring that was missing a diamond. This time when nhe brought the stuff back to hiscage he noticed there wasnt much room left (his cage was rather small). So he dug some more. This time when he came up all he had was 10 galleons. He went to me and gave me the galleons. I pocketed them and let him play while i ate. he played a while and we were done searching for treasures. We slept through the night and in the morning I noticed goldent lockets, more galleons, and more treasures in a small pile next to my bed. We put everything away, took down the tent, and put the niffler back in his now empty cage. All the treasures were in my pack now. As we walked through the forest, My niffler started acting weird. I took him out of the cage and set him on the ground. He started digging. He came back up with a small 100 year old locket. We put the locket into his cage with him so that he had some thing to look at. This is my trip with a niffler!

"Here is mine professor."

(BTW! this has 336 words in it!!!)
Back to top Go down
http://hogwartz.5forum.net/
Professor Severus Snape
Head Master
Head Master
Professor Severus Snape

Slytherin
Badges : Care for Magical Creatures Lesson 5 Temp4710
Care for Magical Creatures Lesson 5 Angelic
Status Message : I am sorry Argentina......You failed Millions!!
House Points : 3053

Enrolled
Wizarding Power: 5

PostSubject: Re: Care for Magical Creatures Lesson 5   Care for Magical Creatures Lesson 5 EmptyMon May 03, 2010 6:24 am

A Gold ring was a pathetic material to devote some time to look for , for a highly talented wizard like me, I knew at the flick of my wand, I could summon the ring, but yet again, as the dawn of my life near me, its time I stop use magic and really work for so for something so hard, and this time it was the gold ring that took the turn

Noticing again and again through my Charms textbook in my class, I would have have used a very simple Summoning charm combination to find this thing, but this was too mere a thing to devote some magic for.I got up and sighed hardly in recognition of my tiredness and walked forth with my wand ready and the cloack tight upto the knee, I said aloud "Seeko!" and yes, Seeko was my little niffler my parents bought me, when they learned the pathtic fact that their son was too a weak students to keep his own room neat, while finding lost thing, but little did they ever know he was one of the most best Wizard ever the world saw

Seeko was my friend at time when I loose something, because he reminded me of my loving and caring parents.For a minute Seeko stared at me and I saw him nibbling his own fingers while running through my dusty wooden house as a marathon runner, as if he knew every nook and cranny of my house, and infact, he did know because he was with me for more that a lifetime!

He went through an hour almost and atlast I traced him towards the sink in my kitchen, it obviosly dropped when I went for a glass of water, again my problems since I could have used my slave 'Weand' for that, pathetic it seemed to me that i looked for a gold ring!

But that was definitely worth a look, because I knew how much time a niffler would take to hunt a ring , that too made of gold, despite the fact that this material is something that attract them, while i could have used some spells!

-Severus
Back to top Go down
http://thedungeons.info
Ashe Mimmeaux
Ist Year
Ist Year
Ashe Mimmeaux

Slytherin
Badges : Care for Magical Creatures Lesson 5 2ngev12thjpgCare for Magical Creatures Lesson 5 2ii97rmthjpg
House Points : 90

PostSubject: Re: Care for Magical Creatures Lesson 5   Care for Magical Creatures Lesson 5 EmptyTue May 18, 2010 6:56 pm

Ashe always had an affinity for gold. The kind of gold that shined the color of his hair in the right light. THe only problem is...he tends to lose just about everything hed ever owned that isnt attached. This time, he lost his wand of al things, and having gold around the ends of the grip, it shouldnt be too hard for a niffler to find. Thankfully, one of his friends had been watching one for his little sister and let him borrow it. "Diglet?" I hated that name, but it was what the thing answered to. "I need you to find me my wand ok?" It looked at me funny. "It's the only thing in here with gold on it other than its case." It still looked at me funny. I upened up the case and held out the box so it could sniff the lining. "Got it?" He was getting annoied with the thing. Regardless, it began to wander around the room slowly, sniffing at the floor. It took about two minutes for it to start clawing at the bedpost, trying to get up. Ashe helped it up and it imedeatly dove down between the bed and the wall, and soon enough te tip of the wand was sticking up from the little hidey hole. He pulled it out, niffler attached, and sighed. "Teethmarks....thanks... Lets get you back to harold..."
Back to top Go down
Professor Flitwick
Ist Year
Ist Year
Professor Flitwick

Hufflepuff
Badges : Care for Magical Creatures Lesson 5 2ngev12thjpgCare for Magical Creatures Lesson 5 2ii97rmthjpg
Care for Magical Creatures Lesson 5 Bored
Status Message : Im small like a dwarf, with a long coat, and very long shoes, who am I ? Im Professor Flitwick !
House Points : 304

PostSubject: Re: Care for Magical Creatures Lesson 5   Care for Magical Creatures Lesson 5 EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 2:36 am

Professor Flitwick entered the class, she was trying something new. Though was wasn't sure what most things was.
'Professor Hagrid what is a niffler then i can get on with the task set'
Back to top Go down
Aveirra
Ist Year
Ist Year
Aveirra

Ravenclaw
Care for Magical Creatures Lesson 5 Angelic
House Points : 90

Enrolled

PostSubject: Re: Care for Magical Creatures Lesson 5   Care for Magical Creatures Lesson 5 EmptySun Jul 04, 2010 7:36 pm

A niffler,is a black,fluffy long snouted creature & even affectionate,they are strongly attracted to anYthing shiny which can make them difficult to control,,they can be very useful on finding treasures & often kept by goblins for this purpose,,,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Care for Magical Creatures Lesson 5   Care for Magical Creatures Lesson 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Care for Magical Creatures Lesson 5
Page 1 of 1